Terms of Entry for the Farm Shop & Deli Meat Product Awards
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Products must be made on the premises of the entrant by the entrant or their staff and suitably wrapped, chilled and labelled without the business name identifying prominent flavour, cooking/heating instructions and complying to legal and full allergen requirements.
- Marks may be deducted if weights or numbers are not adhered to, or if cooked products weigh more than uncooked products, with all entries disposed of by the organiser.
- The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into after the event. Absolute discretion is reserved on the part of the organiser(s) to disqualify entries at any stage if a competitor is considered to have broken the rules.
- Members of the organising committee and Judges are not allowed to enter, and the organiser(s) cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage either to entries or entrant’s chances in the competition.
- PRODUCTS MUST BE DELIVERED: BY POST to the address below before 4.00 pm on MONDAY 5th JULY 2021 - OR IN PERSON before 10.00 am on TUESDAY 6th JULY 2021.
Foodex Competition Theatre, Hall 4, Stand JJ41, North Ave, Marston Green, Birmingham B40 1NT
- Entries must consist of two identical ready to eat, ready to heat or ready to cook products with a maximum weight of 454 grams each. Presented in a suitable container, clearly labelled with ingredient, allergen and instructions for cooking or reheating in a microwave or convector oven for no longer than 40 minutes.
CURED ‘n DRIED
- Entries for sliced Bacon must consist of two identical separate uncooked samples weighing not more than 227 grams each.
- Large joint entries must consist of one cooked sample weighing not more than 908 grams.
- Other entries must consist of two identical samples sliced OR whole, vacuum-packed and not exceeding 500grams each.
- Addition of seasoning, marinade, coating etc is not allowed during cooking but if required products may be delivered pre-seasoned, coated or marinated etc.
- Burgers must consist of two raw identical samples weighing no more than 114 grams each. While Kebab entries must consist of two raw identical samples weighing no more than 340 grams each
- Steak entries must consist of two raw identical samples cut to a maximum thickness of 25 mm suitable for cooking medium raw.
PASTRY ‘n DOUGH
- Entries must be two identical cooked samples, overwrapped and not exceeding 500 grams each.
- Entries must consist of 4 raw plus 4 cooked identical samples of equal, uniformed size - packaged separately